The RSFJ-Shearwall is a connection that acts as hold
down for shearwalls, allowing displacements both in
plane and out of plane.
The solution offers recentering and does NOT require post
event maintenance making it the ideal long-term solution
for rocking shearwalls or columns.
- /No post event maintenance: Reduced costs when considering earthquake sequences
- /Scalability: Can be installed in parallel to increase the capacity
- /Arrives on site ready for install (no secondary steps required)
New and retrofit projects, and can be implemented to all types of buildings;
steel, timber, concrete, or a hybrid of any.
- /Multi story
- /Industrial Applications
The dimensions of the RSFJ products mostly depend on
the demand deflection. To support the application of RSFJs
in a wide range of shearwall sizes, the RSFJ products are
provided in 2 different ranges of deflections: up to 40mm,
and 40 to 80mm. The following table shows the approximate
dimensions of RSFJ products.
See the RSFJ Structual Modelling Guide
- /Products could be applied as multiple joints in a modular pattern to achieve larger capacities. Customised products can also be supplied, satisfying any targeted capacity and deflection.
- /If needed, joints could be designed to provide deflection with self-centring beyond Δult (as a secondary fuse) with Δmax = min(40/80mm; and 2Δult) and Fmax = 1.25Fult.
- /Δslip (comparable to SLS) is kept to be less than 1mm, excluding the deflection resulting from the attachments such as pins, brackets and anchor bolts.
- /The hystersis damping ratio ranges from 10% to 20%. Please follow the RSFJ Structural Modelling guide for the recommended design procedure.