RSFJ - Brace
Tension & Compression Brace
The RSFJ-Brace is a brace element that is designed
to work in tension and compression. The Brace
offers re-centering and does NOT require post event
maintenance making it the ideal long-term bracing
solution for large capacity applications.
It is installed within a steel diagonal section and is protected by a jacket. All the ductility is in the Brace.
- /No post event maintenance: Reduced costs when considering earthquake sequences
- /Scalability: Can be installed in parallel to increase the capacity
- /Arrives on site ready for install (no secondary steps required)
- /Length of diagonal brace can be adjusted for site
- /Jacket prevents buckling
New and retrofit projects, and can be implemented to all types of buildings;
steel, timber, concrete, or a hybrid of any.
- /Multi story
- /Industrial applications
- /Industrial pallet racks
The dimensions of the RSFJ products mostly depend on the
demand deflection. To support the application of RSFJs in a
wide range of brace sizes, the RSFJ products are provided in 2
different ranges of de sections: up to 40mm, and 40 to 80mm.
The following table shows the approximate dimensions of RSFJ
See the RSFJ Structual Modelling Guide
- /Products could be applied as multiple joints in a modular pattern to achieve larger capacities. Customised products can also be supplied, satisfying any targeted capacity and deflection.
- /If needed, joints could be designed to provide deflection with self-centring beyond Δult (as a secondary fuse) with Δmax = min(40/80mm; and 2Δult) and Fmax = 1.25Fult.
- /Δslip (comparable to SLS) is kept to be less than 1mm, excluding the deflection resulting from the attachments such as pins, brackets and anchor bolts.
- /The hystersis damping ratio ranges from 10% to 20%. Please follow the RSFJ Structural Modelling guide for the recommended design procedure.